Sunday, December 7, 2008

What a weekend

Well school is finally over with this week being finals. What a relief! This weekend was very eventful, I had my work party at the Lion House friday night so after we went and looked at the lights. On saturday morning Brody, Kory, G'ma Shirley, Mom, Sue, and I all went to the SLC Temple for a session and it was fun hearing all of G'ma's "insider" stories. Later that day we went and picked out the perfect tree! Now I'm on a kick about trying to be a cake decorator using fondant. Last night was my first try and I failed. Here is why.. #1 I put 2 cakes in a convectional oven not staggered so after half hour of cooking they still were liquid and oozing over the sides. #2 When the cakes finally cooked (thanks to mom) I iced them together and noticed after I was done the top was bigger then the bottom. #3 the fondant kept breaking and I have no idea why.
Well all in all it was a fun weekened! Now the countdown is on till we head off to Cali. 16 more days!

4 comments:

Ruth Ann said...

When you girls were little you mom used to make the most beautiful cakes with her decorating. She would the best teacher for you ever. Sounds like you had a blast. Love to you both -

Chris & Maggie said...

Hey girl! I am so glad you finally have a blog! I can finally see what you are up to with your life since I see you maybe once a year. How is everything going?

Chris & Maggie said...

It will definitely be good to see you! Chris and I are good. We bought a house in October. It's so nice finally owning something and not renting. He is now a flight instructor which means he teaches people how to fly and he gets paid for it. I still work in Lehi at the attorney's office. What is new with you 2?

Kira said...

I think it's great you have a blog! My mom sent me your blog address, I'll add you on my list.
That cake looks delicious! I would not even know how to make something like that.
Hope you two have a Merry Christmas!

Blog Archive