Friday, March 26, 2010

a WHAT under my WHAT?

Agh..I guess my number was up for something unusual to happen to my health. When I went to bed monday night I was fine, when I got up the next morning I was in the worst pain. I've been having salivary duct problems under my tongue for a couple years now but nothing to this extent. I couldn't eat any solid foods for 3 whole days (and kind of today) because everytime my mouth would water my gland under my tongue felt like someone was pinching it, my gland under my jaw would swell, my left ear felt like it was being pricked with a needle and then I would get a pressure headach. I was trying to wait it out because this wasn't that uncommon for me, i thought it would pass.
After and idea of brilliance between me and Stef, she called her father in-law Dr. john (who is my dentist) he called me immediately and prescribed me some antibiotics and told me to come into the office the next day. So he took an x-ray, saw a cyst in there, numbed me.. and kept on numbing me under my tongue. He worked on it for about 15 minutes draining a ton of puss,digging, poking, pinching, shaking trying to break it up. I was in some pain at this point when he said he couldn't get it and was sending me to an oral surgeon who would see me in 20 minutes. So on my way I go to Dr. Dedecker who numbed me somemore under my tongue and it felt like right on my tongue! made an incision and got that thing out. I thought I was going to be in a lot of pain when there was an assistant to my left, the Doc to my right and another assistant behind me holding my head steady and firm. But it didn't hurt at all (besides the shot on my tongue)!
Today is a great day, although i'm a little tender, the drainage is almost out and I'm starting to enjoy solids again. All thanks to Dr. John Christensen. He's a great guy!
The pics below are the cyst, and the other 2 is of the white stuff under my tongue being puss everytime I salivate. be lucky for your working salivary glands- I wouldn't wish this upon my worst enemy haha.



3 comments:

John and Stef said...

Wow, that cyst is a lot bigger than I though it would be. Ouch! I'm glad your cured!! :)

McCall said...

Man, I wish I would've been there to see that!

Beth's Blue Blog said...

hi- i'm beth, a friend of stef's, first time visit to your blog. i just want to say i'm so sorry you had that and it really looks like it hurt!

Blog Archive